Six things I am really tired of hearing about
1. New Orleans … Call me heartless but if I hear one more tear jerker story about about how "I lost everything" and about rebuilding and the devastation and how Bush let them all down, I will flood my own house and apply for disaster relief.
2. Missions ... Ok, I was tired of this 17 years ago in my first year at sem but now I am really, really tired of it. People are not brought into the ark of salvation by complaining and berating us about the billions dying and going to hell. They are rescued by the Gospel.
3. Celebrity divorces .. Hey, I do not pay attention to them (I don’t read People Magazine, I really don’t, not one bit of it!) but celebrity divorces should not be news. They are about as surprising as getting wet in a swimming pool. Repeat after me : Celebrities are not people, they are not real, they are fantasies, they are consumer myths created to sell things.
4. How the digital technology is going change everything ... What is the old saying? In a hundred years we will be able to get to Paris in 5 minutes but we will still be late. I-pods and on demand movies do not constitute a cultural transformation.
5. How books are going away … If books are going away, they are all ending up in my study. Getting hard to move around.
6. Cordoroy pants … Actually, I haven't heard alot about them but this is a cool site.